Gigaset starts repair service in Bocholt19. December 2019 Published by Sina Lenz
Focus on the customer and his problems – this topic (also known as customer centricity) concerns companies around the world. Gigaset has also developed new ideas over the past few years in order not only to inspire customers in terms of product quality, design or product benefits, but also to accompany the entire product life cycle together with the customer.
The subject of service and repair plays a major role here. After all, Gigaset receives several thousand devices for repair every year. Incidentally, not a quality problem, but rather an award, because many of the devices are cordless phones that are sometimes a good 10 years old – a sign of the longevity of Gigaset products. For the service colleagues, it is not only important to correct the error, but also to do this as quickly as possible in order to guarantee short downtimes for the customer.
Smartphone business changes service
In the context of the smartphone business, it became apparent that not every customer wants to send in their device. Cell phone clinic or smartphone doc are well-known points of contact for customers who would like to have the device repaired on-the-go. Gigaset already responded to this request with its cooperation with PSC in April 2019. In the meantime, smartphones can be handed in in 9 major cities in Germany for walk-in repairs and a further hotspot has recently been added.
From now on, Gigaset customers – not only with smartphone problems – but with any Gigaset products can return them directly to the Bocholt plant and pick up their repaired device within an hour.
“As a locally based company in Bocholt, it was clear that we would introduce this service sooner or later,” said Christian Eiting, Head of International Repair. “We are pleased that we can now offer this service to customers from the region – also with a view to sustainability and customer service – and thus convey a strong image to the outside world.”
It’s that easy
Fill out the repair acceptance form and bring it along with a copy of the proof of purchase on the day of the repair. Return the device, including accessories, to the Gigaset Communications GmbH production site in Bocholt.
Gigaset Communications GmbH
Monday to Thursday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Fridays 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The repaired device is ready for collection after about an hour. Collection is of course also possible at a later date.
Recommendation before dispensing the device
- Please backup your device before returning it.
- In many cases we can receive your data. However, this requires that you hand in your device unlocked so that tests can be carried out and the device can be repaired in a targeted manner.
- When handing in a smartphone: Please remove the SIM and SD card from the device.
- Moisture damage and surge damage will not be repaired.
- Repairs are also carried out for smartphones. (For example: broken display)
- In the case of repairs that are subject to charges, please remember your ID when comparing addresses.
- Cash payment is not possible, you will receive your invoice by post.
- It is a pure repair assumption. If you have any questions about our products, please contact our service.